I’ll be posting more here as we get closer to GenCon – check closer to the con.
I’m really proud of finally finishing an iOS project and getting it in the App Store, and today it’s available to download.
Now the real work was done by ZETI, Graham DeYoung, Bryan Nelson and I, but I’ve had enormous support and assistance from so many, so here goes.
- http://www.raywenderlich.com – The tutorials on this website have been invaluable in providing the education needed to execute this project. I don’t think my interest in Cocos2d would have been piqued without it. I also highly recommend his book Learning Cocos2d.
- Kobold2d – An excellent fork of the Cocos2d project, allowed me to build ZBB using Automatic Reference Counting or ARC. With the need to finish this project in around 2 weeks of weeknights and weekends, taking Memory Management out of the equation was a huge boon, and Kobold2d saved a potential time-sink from becoming an issue.
- IRC #devmke on Freenode – My favorite cheerleaders and assistants, especially Aaron Douglas who gave me some key insights at some points.
- IRC #cocos2d-iphone on Freenode – a small group of the elite Cocos2d heads that like to share their wisdom and experience, gave me some timely key clues that really improved the logic and quality of the app.
- IRC #iphonedev on Freenode – the big kahuna channel of iOS developers, also helped me with a couple stumbling blocks, as well as some help with the publishing process.
- The iOS Thread in the Somethingawful.com forums – really provided me with a ton of education before this project started, without the wisdom they provided already, would not have prepared me to finish this app as it was.
- Red Arrow Software My employer, that reminded me I’m not so bad at this developer thing.
- Mom – obviously.
THANKS to everyone that helped and inspired me on this project.
Please send an email to email@example.com with any issues you encounter.